Heart-centred Cupcakes.


I bought a cupcake from a store a few weeks ago. On biting into it I had the great surprise of finding a pink heart inside it! This is just my attempt the replicate it. Next time I think I need to either use a small heart cookie-cutter or more cake batter as I had difficulty covering the hearts. Nothing a heck load of piped icing couldn't solve, but I am kind of a perfectionist when it comes to food. :)

Ingredients.

3/4 cup of butter
1.5 cup of sugar
3 eggs
2.5 cups of self rising flour
1 and a third cup of milk
Red food colouring.


Mix butter and sugar together until combined
Add your eggs one at a time, whisking well between each addition
Once all three eggs are added you should be left with something like this

Add the milk and flour a little at a time, whisking between each addition until you have add them both.
Put about one third of the mixture into a smaller bowel. Cover the remaining mixture and put aside.
Add some red food colouring until you get your desired colour, I went for a bright pinkish shade,
Cook in the oven at 180C for about 20min until I starts to go brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely
Once cooled cup out some heart shapes with a heart shaped cookie cutter
This is the best way to get the most hearts out of you sponge!
Add a spoonful of white cake batter into you cake cases.
Ad a heart, point down, and cover with some more white batter.
NOTE: Make sure you hearts all face the same way, if the batter covers them completely you'll need to figure out what way the heart shape sits in order to see it when you cut or bit into them!!
Cook at 180C for about 20min until the are golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely
(As I mentioned before, I didn't have enough cake batter to cover them completely so I am still able to see which way the heart shape sits. However I am now going to need to ice them to hide that mess on top :p)


Serve or cover with icing which I will be doing later. Enjoy!



5 comments:

Wow... That's an amazing idea ( :
and from the from the top, it does give you a bow tieish shape ^_^
I LOVE it really!! Mashallah ...

Thanks, have a nice day :)

This is so creative! and not as hard looking as other recipes I've seen :D Thank you for sharing

Thank you, and you are most welcome! :)

Wow sister, I so want to try those now.
I noticed a recipe for Saudi Chicken and rice, Looks similar to something my mum makes Khabsa chicken and rice with spicy tomato sauce. LOVE IT, look forward to more recipes from you.

oh and we have the same name! cool

Post a Comment