Spinach Smoothie

I've fallen in love with this recently. Though admittedly, I was quite disgusted when I first heard about it, spinach smoothie? Who would want to drink that?!

But after having read about how great it is for the body, and not to mention how packed spinach is with vitamins and minerals (Pop-eye was certainly on to something, guys!) I decided trying it can't hurt.


So I did, and I've been hooked ever since! Here's the recipe I use for my spinach smoothie, though sometimes I mix it up a bit (today I added pomegranate afterwards, just because I have half a pomegranate to use :p). Feel free to adapt this to suit you own taste.

Oh and for those wondering, this tastes completely of banana, yum yum!


Ingredients

2 cups of baby spinach leaves
1 cup of milk (any type you prefer, soya, almond, coconut, cows etc)
1 banana*
*it's optional to freeze your banana before making this if you want it all nice and icy cold. If you are going to do this, PEEL IT BEFORE YOU FREEZE IT. You have be warned :p

Throw all ingredients into you blender/smoothie maker.
I'm just using one of those hand blenders that come with a beaker thing.


Whizz whizz whizz until smooth. And serve. Enjoy :)

2 comments:

Wow; mashallah alaik... This is the first time I have it, and I couldn't believe that it would taste brilliantly fantastic (:
I really love it...
Keep it uP, with your marvellous work.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed :)

Post a Comment